From Quad Fest, a party in the East Halls Quad that celebrates the first Friday of the semester, to Rock the Ice, our annual free skate event at the Pegula Ice Arena, Summer Welcome is the perfect opportunity to kickstart your time here at Penn State. These Summer Welcome events will help you explore campus, meet new people, and connect to campus resources. You'll have opportunities to engage in large- and small-scale activities, events designed for the entire incoming class and population-specific events like our Academic College Welcomes, and learn what it's like to be a student here on campus.
Summer Welcome 2023 will kick off on Sunday, June 25 with your arrival to campus, with events continuing through the first week of classes for all new and returning students. You'll even have the chance to learn how to engage with and help run these events in the future!
A full list of upcoming events and programs will be made available to you in May, but here’s a preview of what to expect throughout Summer Welcome:
- Summer Welcome Fest*
- First Day of Class Photo Booth
- Face Time with the Faculty
- Glow Games
- Rock the Ice*
- Quad Fest*
* indicates a Signature Event
Even though attendance is encouraged, many of the events we offer are optional. A few of our events are required, however, as they provide you with information vital to your success here at University Park. For Summer Welcome 2023, the following programs are required for specific populations:
- International Student Welcome Days (Only for New International Students): This is the third and final step in New Student Orientation (NSO) for International Students. The day will be spent meeting fellow international students, connecting with staff from Penn State Global, and learning about important immigration information and how to adjust to life on campus.
- RA Meetings and Floor Dinners (Only for New Residential Students): These meetings provide you an opportunity to meet your Resident Assistant (RA), learn about the resources they have to offer, and enjoy a meal from your dining commons with your new neighbors. Bulletin boards on each floor of the residence halls will have more information when you arrive, including where and when to meet for your RA floor meeting.
- LEAP Welcome Meeting (Only for Students Participating in LEAP): During this welcome meeting, students will have a chance to meet their LEAP mentor, the other students in your LEAP Pride, and go on a scavenger hunt around campus that includes the location of your summer classes!
Feel free to reach out to use at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have!