Welcome Programs is our portfolio of events to welcome all new and returning students to University Park at the start of each spring and fall semester, as well as Summer Session II. These events are hosted by offices and departments across campus and range from social events like movie nights and ice skating to educational and academic events like college meetings and resource fairs. The programming is optional, but all students are encouraged to take part in any event that piques their interest. Each program is designed to help students:
- Learn to navigate campus
- Gain a sense of belonging here at Penn State University Park
- Discover academic and co-curricular engagement opportunities
- Meet new and returning students and make new friends
Welcome Programs is made up of three separate programs: Spring Welcome, Summer Welcome, and Fall Welcome. You may hear students, faculty, and staff refer to these events in a number of ways (Welcome Week, Welcome Programs, Spring/Summer/Fall Welcome, etc.), but all of these terms refer to the events at the start of the semester.
Information regarding the upcoming Welcome Programs will be made available as follows:
- Spring Welcome 2024 will be available in November 2023
- Summer Welcome 2024 will be available in April 2024
- Fall Welcome 2024 will be available in June 2024
The Welcome Programs Planning Committee is led by Student Orientation and Transition Programs (SOTP) and has representation from Residence Life, Office for Summer Session, Penn State Global, the Penn State Parents Program, Campus Recreation, Student Leadership and Involvement, and Student Affairs.