Corq is a mobile app that allows you to explore, RSVP, and check into campus events hosted by various student organizations and University departments. There are even some events during Welcome Programs during which we’ll ask you to pull up your Corq Event Pass to get you checked in. We recommend you downloading Corq before you get to campus, so you’re ready for any event that may pique your interest.
1. Navigate to the appropriate app store and download the orange Corq app. Then, open the app.
2. Just under the Campus and Nearby tabs, click the orange “Sign In for Exclusive Campus Features” button
3. Sign in using your Penn State user ID (email@example.com) and password
4. Once signed in, access your profile menu by selecting the back arrow (Apple users) or hamburger menu (Android users) in the top-left corner
5. Open your Event Pass, the fourth option down
The Event Pass is a QR code that is unique to your profile. At some campus events, you will be asked to pull up your Event Pass for the sponsoring organization to scan. The code is static (meaning that a new code will not be generated for each event), so we recommend that you save your Event Pass to your Apple Wallet or G Pay for easy access and continued use.
You will be asked to check into some of our Spring Welcome events using Corq and your Event Pass. Some of these events may have a line to get in, so we encourage you to have easy access to your Event Pass prior to coming to these events in order to keep the line moving. You will be asked to check in using your Event Pass for the following Spring Welcome events:
- Movie Night in the HUB: Saturday, January 7
- Wednesday Night Trivia: Wednesday, January 11
- Rock the Ice: Thursday, January 12
- Drag Bingo: Friday, January 13
Many of the features available on the Corq app are also available on its web-based counterpart, OrgCentral, including browsing organizations and events and accessing your Event Pass. To access your Event Pass online, navigate to orgcentral.psu.edu and sign in using your Penn State user ID and password. From there, click your account in the top-right corner (if you haven’t added a profile picture, this will look like a gray circle with your first initial inside), and then click the QR code icon in the top-left corner of the dropdown menu.