Each fall, we prepare to welcome you and over 9,000 other new students to campus. All Fall Welcome events are free for current students and are designed to help you explore and navigate campus, meet new and returning students, and connect to campus resources. A full schedule of events will be available closer to the start of the fall semester, but here’s a glimpse of what you can expect:
- College T-Shirt Pick-up
- March to the Match
- President’s New Student Convocation*
- Late Night in the HUB*
- Academic College Welcomes
- First Day of Class Photo Booth
- Rock the Ice*
- Involvement Fair*
- LION Dash and LION Bash*
- Equity & Inclusion Fall Carnival*
* indicates a Signature Event
Even though attendance is encouraged, many of the events we offer are optional. A few of our events are required, however, as they provide you with information vital to your success here at University Park. For Fall Welcome 2023, the following programs are required for specific populations:
- International Student Welcome Days (Only for New International Students): This is the third and final step in New Student Orientation (NSO) for International Students. The day will be spent meeting fellow international students, connecting with staff from Penn State Global, and learning about important immigration information and how to adjust to life on campus.
- RA Meetings and Floor Dinners (Only for New Residential Students): These meetings provide you an opportunity to meet your Resident Assistant (RA), learn about the resources they have to offer, and enjoy a meal from your dining commons with your new neighbors. Bulletin boards on each floor of the residence halls will have more information when you arrive, including where and when to meet for your RA floor meeting.
Feel free to reach out to use at email@example.com. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have!